jueves, 30 de octubre de 2014

New driver

Getting my driving license was not as easy as I thought it would be. I passed the theoric exam the first time I did it, but then, the difficult part began. Driving a car, at first, was not as funny as I imagine in my mind. When I used to see my parents or sister driving while talking or singing I used to think,  this is going to be a piece of cake, but when I had to drive I completely changed my mind. I couldn't hear the jokes my teacher told me to break the ice, or the sound of other cars and whistles because I was too focused on not knocking down anyone, not hitting to any car. It was overwhelming.
 When my teacher thought I was ready, I took my exam and I failed it. I was very sad but it wasn't a big deal, I had another opportunity yet and I was sure I was going to make it the next time. Next week I took my exam again, and I was quite self-confident. I felt good driving, I knew how to react to new situations, I guess the only thing I didn't expected was that I wouldn't see the red traffic light in the middle of a roundabout. I had failed again, and I was not fine at all, I just wanted to cry because even though I knew how to drive I had failed, but I didn't. I convinced myself that it was nothing, that I would pass it next time, but i couldn't hold on my tears when I caught my finger between the car and the door. At first I didn't understand what was happening, why couldn't I leave the car? but then it started to hurt more a more and I broke down.
 After that,  my nail started to become between blue and lilac and  the worst thing is that it happened 1 month ago but it still hurts. 2 weeks later, when my finger was a little better, I took my exam again. It was more difficult to pass it because it was raining, it was very early and the street light was switched off, but finally I passed. The only thing I can say after this I guess it's that things happens the way they have to and we have to learn to live with it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario