jueves, 16 de octubre de 2014

Look up

Sometimes I think I'm not of this age because while most of the people I know try to have new friends on facebook, to have more followers on twitter or more likes on instagram, I just really don't care about how many likes, photos or followers I have. This netwoks people call social, are  they really social networks? This new inventions are about people saying they like other people's things behind a screen. That's what we call social now, not seeing each other and saying things we probably wouldn't say if we were talking face to face.
I have some friends that are always posting pictures on intagram, and in the pictures they look so happy, full of life and relaxed that you could even feel envy of not having friends like them. Nevertheless, if you get to become a closer friend of them, you will find out it is just an ilusion. When they go out, the atmosphere among them is really awkward. They don't talk or have fun when they hang out, they spend time together looking their own phones. It is like if they wanted to show people that they know how to have fun, that they are sociables and worth to know but it is all fake. It is that what people think that having a friend is?  Does people nowadays have real friends or just friends of photos? I'm still trying to find out the answer.
Other thing I don't like about social networks are lies. I used to watch an MTV program called "Catfish" which was about falling in love on the internet with people they had never seen face to face. I can't understand how people is so foolish to believe everything that an strange tell them. I admit people can also lie to you in the face but it is easier to realize what are they doing than when you can't see their faces.
In sort, I do believe that even though social networks can be useful sometimes, they are creating more unsociable people and it would be wonderful if people didn't care so much about what other can think of you, if people were enough self-confident to not have to care about what others think about you.

I leave here a little video I really enjoyed watching because it expresses quite good my opinion about this topic.


1 comentario:

  1. Very interesting opinion. I agree with you. Some people are just mad about their social life on the internet but forget to have fun with their real friends in their real lives. Good article.

    ResponderEliminar