lunes, 24 de noviembre de 2014

Memorias de Idhún

Some weeks ago, my teacher posted some covers she likes . They were all classics, and it made me think I have to refine my tastes and to learn a lot, but meanwhile I will keep reading my not so very good but still amusing books.
My favourite book in the world started as a birthday present from my cousin. She told me she and her boyfriend had read it and they had really enjoyed it, and I didn't like to read but I thought I would give it a chance. The book was called "Memorias de Idhún" and at first I thought it would be just another book I would stop reading after the first 30 pages. However, one day I found myself staying awake at night because it was the only moment I could read, and I wanted to know what was going to happen with the characters. It was surprising to me. Me? Enjoying a book with more than 200 pages? I would never have imagined that. 
Regarding the novel, it is devided in 3 books and in the first one I  have to admit that I thought it was the typical teenager story for teenagers. A good guy, funny and handsome, a bad guy, full of secrets and mistery, and of course, the girl. A beautiful, smart, and kind girl. A girl who will drive them all crazy. All of them in world of gods, dragons, unicorns,wizards and all kind of strange creature you can imagine. Althought it is a book of fantasy and worlds that do not exist, it describes quite in detail true relationships. How people react to love,hate, friendship and family bonds.  While reading you find yourself wondering what would you do in such a situation, or at least I did. When I finished my reading the only thing I could think was that neither the good ones are as good as they look, nor the bad ones are as bad as we think, and every time I re-read it I try to understand better the way the characters think. I guess this book really touched my heart. 
You can learn new things everyday, and from my first time reading that book I learnt that sometimes we need perspective to tell who are the goods and bad ones.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario